Willow Grove, 34 Phillip Street, Parramatta was one of the historic residences in the Parramatta LGA. Willow Grove was a text-book example of a late Victorian period, “upper-middle class” residential design of the 1880s-1890s.
Willow Grove was a two storey Victorian Italianate house, made of stuccoed brick with cast iron balustrading to upper verandah. It was set back from Phillip Street and surrounded by a fine fence of cast iron spikes and elaborate stone gate posts. While Willow Grove was built as a residence, it was used as a maternity hospital from 1919 to 1953.